Welcome to the official 27 Acts of Grace blog! Here I will be posting updates, photos, and information related to this exciting project.

Read about the inspiration for the 27 Acts of Grace project here, in the first blog post.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Last night, with the help of my fabulous fiance and best friend (one in the same, a great man), I finished almost all other acts! Check 'em out:

17. Stopped at the scene of an accident. I asked if everyone was okay--everyone was, thankfully--and volunteered assistance. They were all fine and help was on the way. What a random opportunity! I'm just so grateful that all was okay beyond a fender bender.

18. Dropped 'lucky' pennies (heads up!) around a restaurant parking lot.

19. Paid for the meal of the woman behind us at McDonald's. The drive-thru attendant seemed excited about it when I told her that if the woman asked why her meal had been paid for, it was so she could have a better evening. We watched her very confused, surprised face in the rearview mirror!

20. Paid the toll for the driver behind us at the tollbooth.

21. Gave hot cocoa to the tollbooth worker. He was PRECIOUS. He said, "Oh my goodness! Wow..." and gave me a little pat on the hand. So cute!

22. Left a thank-you note and treat for my mail carrier.

23. Gave treats to co-workers.

24. Donated some canned goods at a food bank.

25. Made dinner for Mr. Connell (my fiance), which was the suggestion of one of my students who must be trying to prepare me for married life!

26. Saved a bunch of pink lids from my yogurt cups, which I mailed in to benefit cancer research. Only cost me 1 stamp!

27. Cleaned the principal's office. Actually, this one has not yet been done, but we are scheduling it for this week or next! She said she's really going to put me to work! Haha!

Check back soon, as I'll post some more as I continue to reflect on this whole adventure. An adventure it definitely has been!

2 comments:

  1. I love the inspiration behind your blog. I also loved the originally 38 acts of kindness! So so great. I'm going to be your first follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following, and for the kind comments, which made a rough day a little bit smoother! Based on the page views, I know that my students had a fun time reading the blog (my principal and I made the project a school-wide thing and got the kids involved, which was very cool), but to finally have a follower, I feel official, all these months later!

      I really like your blog--your honesty is inspiring. I, too, am working on my own art ed site, though naming it has proven difficult for weeks now. Okay, not weeks--months. Whoops.

      And as far as feeling invisible, I hear you. I felt that way for a long time and still struggle with it sometimes. How brave of you to share what so many of us feel and keep inside. I'll be praying for you!

      Delete