Welcome to the official 27 Acts of Grace blog! Here I will be posting updates, photos, and information related to this exciting project.

Read about the inspiration for the 27 Acts of Grace project here, in the first blog post.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm so tired of ME!

I have a confession: lately, I've been pretty self-absorbed. Selfish, even. And that is not the person I want to be! Here's what I mean:

This December, I will be marrying my best friend, Mr. Connell, and guess what? He's a teacher, too! We are so excited for our big day! My students, friends, and family have been supportive and excited right along with us; it's been a lot of fun. While Mr. Connell has been a great help in the planning process, naturally, I am much more concerned about every little detail of our wedding day! I think about the wedding constantly. And I don't think there's too much wrong with this.

Unfortunately, with all of the decisions to make--the flowers I want to carry, the cake I want to eat, the dress I want to wear--I've been thinking a lot about myself. The result is that I'm rather tired of me! (Good grief, even this blog entry is about me! Ugh!) Do you ever feel this way?
 

This is just another reason that the 27 Acts of Grace project is so cool. Finally, I'll be spending an entire day thinking about others. How great is that? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment